13 December, 2012
Snow BallsComments : 4 Posted in : Sugary Ride on by : Isha K Tags: sweets
Winter is here and many people will find snow around them and some may not so I just thought of making something which will give you the feel of snow though ice is being not used here. When you will read the preparation you will come to know why it is named as snow balls. So here u go with the easiest and simple sweet dish which will hardly take your 25-30 mins to prepare. The good thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to bake or burn the stove…All u need is to use your MAGICAL HANDS WITH MAGICAL INGREDIENTS…!!!
Magical Ingredients :
1. Marie Biscuits : 3 Packets or 1 Big pack of 240gms
(Amazed by the first ingredient..?? Yes this is the basic ingredient which we will be using here. )
2. Milkmaid or Condensed Milk: 3/4th of 400gms tin
(It depends, If you are a diabetic patient use it less OK…no compromise with the health…You can always taste while preparing it how much you need…add less sugar first then if you feel to add more you can increase the quantity…never go with the perfect measurements in the beginning and bound yourself…One should be free to taste and satisfy their taste buds but at the same time you should try to keep the taste moderate and yummy because others will also take risk to eat that… 😛 :P)
3. Desiccated Coconut
(Yes, this will give the feel of snow in the recipe… ^_^)
The Tasty Ride :
- Grind the biscuits in a powdered form and take it out in a bowl in which you are comfortable to make dough.
- Add Milkmaid to it.
- Make a dough. you can use a little milk to soften it if you want.
- Make small balls and stuff them with the desiccated coconut.
- Close them and give it the shape of balls. You can always try to form a new shape. (Like making a snowman out of it or u can insert a toothpick and give it a shape of lollipop).
- Wrap the balls in desiccated coconut.
- Store them in refrigerator.
Precaution : Don’t use these snowballs for hitting your friends.. 😉 😛
Marie is one variety of biscuits that are highly recommended by the dieticians.
Nestle Milkmaid is easily available and mostly used in every kitchen to prepare desserts. Many kids even the adults love to eat that as soon as the tin gets open. It has high calorie content due to sugar and milk, so its a bit healthy but one who is diabetic or with high cholesterol should consume less.
Desiccated Coconut consists of medium chain triglycerides or MCT’s which contributes to weight loss and enhance the absorption of calcium, magnesium and amino acids, thus aiding healthy growth in infants and the treatment of malnutrition.
Hope you like the recipe and I’m sure the children will love it.
Try and leave your comments. All suggestions and new experiments with the recipe are welcome.